Save $20 on WW Pro with code: WWCalPro20
Senior Software Engineer
Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions. They will also be instrumental in the support and development of junior and mid-level developers.
Duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide information and recommendations by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Assist/ lead in the budget, resourcing, and schedule estimations of assigned projects.
- Lead teams of internal and external resources for the on-time, on-budget and quality delivery of all assigned projects.
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers.
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Firm understanding of change management, problem management and change tracking.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and team members in various geographic location.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience required: preferably in a related discipline, such as Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or Management.
- 12+ years’ software development experience.
- Experience with Azure, Terraform, Kotlin/ Java, C#, Docker, Vert.x, Github, React, RDB, and MongoDB, and Sequel is ideal.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and get in and out of an automobile several times a day.
- Will be required to drive and be outside for brief periods of time during all four seasons.”
- Ability to utilize arms at extended position for long periods. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift/carry product, totes and push/pull carts.
PharmaCann is a vertically-integrated and unified medical cannabis company changing the way people view cannabis.
Size: 251-500 employees
Year Founded: 2014