Types Of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of personal information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Cookies and first party tracking
We have a legitimate interest in making our website operate efficiently.
Cookies and Third Party Tracking
We may use third party cookies to collect information about your use of our website so that we can improve the way it works.
We have a legitimate interest in engaging in capturing website analytics.
We collect personal information, such as your age or birthdate and location.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.
If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.
Thought Leadership Programs
If you apply to join one of our Thought Leadership Programs, we collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, company name, and the handle or account name of your social media accounts associated with your business if you choose to provide it.
We have a legitimate interest in bringing our readers the latest thinking from top minds and experienced professionals.
When you sign up for our mailing lists we collect your email address.
We have a legitimate interest in to sending free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties.
We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded program with another company.
We have a legitimate interest in partnering with other companies to administer programs that are of interest to our readers.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions, and collecting information relevant to our organization.
We may use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use And Processing Of Information.
- In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide our website and related content.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including content, news, and other information relating to our organization.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you sign up for our newsletter, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in assessing general user interest in various products and services. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. To update or correct certain information, you may contact us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. WeedWeek is a U.S. based company. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including the United States.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
1800 N New Hampshire Ave. #103
Los Angeles, CA 90027