Protests on racial injustice have cast a harsh light on the cannabis industry's overwhelmingly white ownership.
- In Congress, industry allies see the protests as an opportunity to push for cannabis legalization. It's happening at the state level too.
Marijuana Moment, WeedWeek
- But at Forbes, Chris Roberts asks whether police should continue to benefit from pot taxes. He finds Black cannabis entrepreneurs want taxes that benefit police to be cut.
- Massachusetts will reserve delivery REC licenses for equity businesses.
- Compliance platform Simplifya has a meaty post on equity policy in California, Massachusetts and Illinois.
- Denver found its cannabis industry lacks diverse owners or workers.
- Amid protests, a post at Medium says the industry's silence is deafening.
- Elon Musk tweeted that he doesn't understand why people are still incarcerated for dealing weed.
- NBA star turned Viola Brands CEO Al Harrington is starting an incubator program to mint 100 Black cannabis millionaires.
WeedWeek ????California and ????Canada have lots more.
- At High Grade Hope, longtime cannabis marketing expert Jared Mirsky is offering three free "brand makeovers" to cannabis companies in need.
- Portland, Ore. appointed entrepreneur Dasheeda Dawson (a.k.a. The Weed Head) as its new cannabis program supervisor.
- Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak (D) announced a plan to pardon tens of thousands of low-level cannabis offenders.