Save $20 on WW Pro with code: WWCalPro20
July 9 2021,
FROM THE PUBLISHER
IT'S WEEDWEEK'S BIRTHDAY!
It’s hard to believe that WeedWeek turns six this month. We’re so grateful for your interest and support.
To celebrate we got ourselves this sleek redesign — Check out the site too! — and a couple new features we think will make us an even more essential read for top cannabis professionals. The idea is to keep you apprised, at a more granular level, of what’s happening in cannabis world.
We’re now publishing:
- Milestones: New products, new facilities, fundings and other company developments.
- Job Moves: The latest hirings, promotions and departures from around the industry
- Upcoming: Events, news and other stuff to look out for
- For Professionals: Content such as reports, presentations and white papers that are valuable to professionals but haven’t necessarily appeared elsewhere in the media.
Send material to email@example.com for consideration.
Now the fun one:
- High Society: Starting today we’re publishing pics from the hottest and coolest cannabis events
Now let’s talk business. At WeedWeek, we’re lucky to have many of the most influential figures in cannabis among our readers. Our new redesign enables you to reach them with some of the most attractive, and reasonably priced advertising opportunities in cannabis.
Starting today you can buy two types of ads, in our self-serve WeedWeek store. As an introductory offer for WeedWeek subscribers, we’re offering 80% off the published price with promocode WEEDWEEK80. You can pick up:
- Text only classified ads, with a call to action button. They’re 80% off with the code WEEDWEEK80.
- Image and text ads featuring your logo, a headline, up to 300 characters of text and a call to action button. They’re 80% off with the code WEEDWEEK80.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to hear about additional offerings.
Thanks so much for reading WeedWeek! Now back to our regularly scheduled news.
Editor and publisher
HAPPY OIL DAY
Today is 7/10, which some people consider the second holiest day of the cannabis calendar. 7/10 came about because the digits 710 look like the letters O-I-L turned upside down. The point is to fete all things oil and concentrate related. Don’t overthink it.
In today’s issue:
- Pot CEOs are making bank
- Denver scrambles on equity
- Is cannabis still performance enhancing?
WeedWeek regularly links to paywalled content.
Denver tries to make amends on equity
Cannabis: No longer performance enhancing?
IN THE NEWS -- 7/10/21
- A Wall Street analyst picked her five favorite pot stocks.
- Los Angeles County and regional authorities teamed up to confiscate $1.2B in illegal weed, the largest bust in the history of the L.A. Sheriff’s Department. The bust, at scores of locations in the high desert north of L.A. involved international cartels, authorities said.
- The director of UCLA’s Cannabis Research Initiative discussed what minor cannabinoids could mean for pain treatment.
- E1011 Labs looks into the world of pot smoking Parisian intellectuals in the 19th century.
WEEDWEEK FOR PROFESSIONALS -- 7/10/21
WEEDWEEK JOB MOVES -- 7/10/21
- California edibles shop PLUS Products has promoted Tara Soltow to VP marketing. She previously worked for competitor Kiva Confections.
- New Mexico-based edibles-tech player Azuca promoted William Widmaier to VP partnerships & production.
- Suite 420 Access, a Colorado-based direct lender specializing in minority-owned cannabis businesses, launched with former NFL wide receiver and CBD entrepreneur Tavarres King as CEO.
- Tress Capital partner Jonathan Eisenberg joined the board of the Resource Innovation Institute.
WEEDWEEK MILESTONES -- 7/10/21
- Eaze won the race to be the first functional delivery app in the Apple store.
- Competitor Emjay entered the San Francisco market.
- California subscription service Nugg Club launched a budget option starting at $49/month.
- Rapper 2 Chainz relaunched his GAS Cannabis brand in partnership with Black-owned lifestyle platform CampNova.
- Michigan brand Gage Growth announced a partnership with Wiz Khalifa.
- Hemp beverage Kaló announced some new flavors and that it has agreements to reach customers in 10 eastern states.
- Marketing tech player Fyllo announced a partnership with mainstream media analytics company Comscore.
- California brand The Garden Society‘s CEO Erin Gore won a Women in Business Award from the North Bay Business Journal.
WEEDWEEK UPCOMING -- 7/10/21
WEEDWEEK HIGH SOCIETY -- 7/10/21
“Hollywood cannabis, entertainment, and TikTok elite” jammed Wonderbrett‘s new La Brea Ave. store this week:
Kannabiz kool kidz had a post-pandemic reunion at Space Coyote‘s L.A. tasting party last month:
The Source+ recently celebrated the grand opening of its fourth Nevada dispensary in North Las Vegas:
Send High Society pics to email@example.com.
Pics should be between 600 and 1000 pixels long and wide. Each should include the name and affiliation (if relevant) of everyone pictured as well as the event’s name, date and location. Ideally submit several pics so we can pick our favorites.