What else is happening:
- Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont signed the bill legalizing REC.
- Rhode Island’s senate passed a REC bill, though the house won’t take it up until later this year.
- The trucking industry is thinking about the implications of legalization.
- Since REC was legalized, operators are on the prowl for New York real estate. Meanwhile, delays in picking regulators could postpone the REC market’s open.
- A study raised concerns about the effect of teenage cannabis use on neurodevelopment.
Journal of the American Medical Association Network
- A study which claims to be the first peer-reviewed work on the subject, found weed helps chronic insomniacs get some sleep.
- For Juneteenth, employees at retail platform Dutchie wrote about what it’s like to be Black and work in cannatech.
- David Hua, CEO of cannatech shop Meadow, wrote about what it’s like to judge the Emerald Cup.