- New Frontier projects $6B in Q2 legal U.S. sales. Annualized, that’s $24B 2021 sales, up about a third from last year.
- Unlicensed weed, much of it from California, continues to sell well in Illinois. The industry blames high pot taxes.
- The Coalition for Cannabis Policy, Education and Regulation, which has members including tobacco and alcohol interests, released a paper on how the industry can support small and minority owned businesses.
- Headset compiled a list of top selling gummies by flavor.
- Berlin-based Sanity Group, which has developed a platform for tracking MED therapy digitally, raised a $44.2M Series A. It appears to be the largest European cannabis financing to date.
- Compliance software company Simplifya raised a $6M Series B.
- Society magazine Town & Country profiles the Rockefeller heiress who’s getting into the hemp business.
- Tiger King a.k.a. Joe Exotic is trying to launch a cannabis brand from federal prison. His attorney told TMZ and the Tulsa World that they have a deal “locked” in partnership with Tango Hotel Charlie Group LLC and Cannaxxs LTD.