Save $20 on WW Pro with code: WWCalPro20
Field Sales Manager
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PAX is seeking a dynamic individual as an addition to our sales team. Applicants must be driven to succeed, able to overcome objections using informed selling, and skilled at using creative solutions to address challenges. If you are an energized and engaged self-starter looking for an opportunity to excel and grow within an exciting company, at the cutting edge of product design and technology, we’d like to meet you.
This is a field sales role with about 80% of the time spent in dispensaries. You will be working remotely while reporting and working with the team at HQ in San Francisco. Your territory will cover the Western Massachusetts area.
Drives sales execution standards to include
- Be responsible for sell- in of new products and launching new doors while retaining existing accounts (dispensary/distributor) by managing relationships, increasing product assortment, and facilitating merchandising and product training
- Meet and strive to exceed company and individual sales specific goals
- Develop and drive programs that move products as well as drive new and existing points of sales distribution
- Deepen existing business relationships by increasing account satisfaction
- Be in the field with accounts to evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and work with PAX HQ to ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing
- Weekly activity and program recap report briefs
Support distributor and retail management through
- Identification of market opportunities (net new doors) and trends in your territory
- Ensure targeted distribution and retail price management
- Visibility – Support POS Placement/ Shelf Management programs (merchandising solutions are created by the PAX marketing team in San Francisco HQ)
- Consumer Focused Promotional activity (Retail)
- Retailer Education
- 3+ years of outside sales experience in cannabis in Massachusetts market
- Technically proficient with CRM systems (we use Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Comfortable presenting
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and still meet deadlines
- Must be innovative with a creative way of thinking
- Must always strive to exceed expectations
Key attributes necessary for success
- A collaborative self starter who is willing to work hard, look for solutions and be proactive
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Must be more than comfortable speaking to and in dispensaries, cannabis trade shows, and other cannabis events
- Able to create, manage and build professional relationships and rapport
- Must have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
PAX PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
In addition to the benefits above, the base pay for this role starts at $60k with a variable compensation of $50k, and equity. Our Field Sales team also receives a car and communications stipend and gas reimbursement.
This pay range represents what we believe, in good faith, this role will pay. The final pay will depend on many factors, including years and depth of experience, level, and location of the employee. We only expect to pay the top of the range in rare and exceptional circumstances, for candidates that far exceed the requirements and expectations of the position.
Put Consumers First - We are here to enhance their lives. We put their needs first in everything we do. We work together to deliver unique solutions for their benefit.
Build a Community - We are active and beneficial builders of a global community. We collaborate together to support sustainability, well-being and social equity efforts—both internally and externally—to establish cannabis as a force for good.
Innovate with Passion - We are passionate about enhancing the cannabis experience by making it positive, accessible and intuitive. We set the standards, innovate for consumers and find the yes as a team.
Be the Solution and Collaborate - We work as a team to achieve winning outcomes, knowing we each individually are the solution, but can only succeed together.
Lead with Humility and Transparency - We stay open and humble in everything we do. We value learning from each other, and cultivate transparency in our culture and products.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
PAX Labs designs, develops, and sells premium cannabis vaporization technologies and devices.
Size: 101-250 employees
Year Founded: 2017