Save $20 on WW Pro with code: WWCalPro20
Director, Retail Risk Management
Cresco Labs is one of the largest public, vertically integrated, multistate operators in the cannabis industry. Our portfolio of in-house cultivated and manufactured brands features some of the highest quality, most awarded and most popular cannabis products in America. With dozens of locations nationwide, our owned and operated Sunnyside® dispensaries provide a welcoming, positive, judgement-free place to shop for anyone at any point on their cannabis journey.
Founded in 2013, Cresco Labs’ mission is to normalize and professionalize cannabis through our passionate employees. As stewards of the cannabis industry, our teams are constantly focused on supporting the needs of our fellow colleagues, consumers, customers, and communities alike. With a focus on Social Equity and Educational Development, our SEEDTM initiative ensures that our company reflects the communities in which we serve, ensuring equal opportunity for all to have the knowledge and resources to work in and own businesses in cannabis.
At Cresco Labs, we aim to revolutionize and lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on quality and consistency of product, and to bring legitimacy to the industry with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
If you’re interested in joining our mission, click the below links to join our team today!
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As Cresco Labs accelerates the growth of our Sunnyside* retail business, the company is seeking a Director Risk Management, reporting to the Vice President, Retail Operations, who will be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of all risk management across our national retail business. This role will lead the development and implementation of all risk management programs including security, loss prevention, business continuity planning and response, emergency planning and response and more. The Director will need to establish and maintain impactful relationships with internal and external partners including retail leadership, compliance and regulatory, human resources, vendors, and law enforcement agencies. This role requires a candidate with significant retail risk management and asset protection experience as well as someone with the ability to drive vision and purpose, be a proven team builder who acts with a clear sense of ownership and accountability.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead the development, implementation and review of asset protection methodologies, strategies, procedures, and policies to safeguard company retail assets.
- Responsible for the oversight of physical security, associate safety and asset protection for our retail locations.
- Lead the risk management team in matters involving audits, investigations and reporting on possible violations of policy as well as safety issues, communicating areas of risk to proper internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures that proper policies and procedures are followed, developing new policies and procedures where needed to drive efficiency and national adherence.
- Provide oversight, review and drive communication to management reporting on key asset protection metrics.
- Champion effective management strategies and associate development programs to ensure engagement around all risk management programs at the store level, working with national training team to rollout communications and plans.
- Manage up to two direct reports including development of job descriptions, hiring, and staffing an effective team with a preliminary focus on business continuity and loss prevention.
- Assists with Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) strategy and execution including simulations, process development, documentation and employee and stakeholder communications.
- Analyzes data and identifies trends across all relevant KPIs including loss prevention and shrinkage, security metrics, business continuity metrics, risk assessments and more.
- Manage all external security vendor relationships including development and evaluation of scope of services, invoice management and adherence to performance expectations in partnership with supply chain.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, with at least 10 years of experience in risk management, loss prevention or asset protection preferably in a multi-unit retail business.
- Experience in a high growth and complex industry or company and must have the ability to adapt to face-paced, highly dynamic business environments.
- Proven team builder, leader, and talent developer with a track record of building highly effective and collaborative teams.
- Highly motivated, self-directive, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with resourcefulness.
- Acts with a clear sense of integrity, ownership and accountability, ensuring stakeholders are clear on the role risk management will play in support of their goals.
- Strong business acumen including data analytics, attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as end-to-end project management.
- Experience with various loss prevention analytics reporting systems; ideally from inception to daily use.
- Available to work all hours of operation inclusive of nights, weekends, and holidays
- Up to 25% travel
- Certification(s) in interviewing techniques preferred.
- Passion for all things retail. You bring excitement that rallies others around our vision.
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required.
- You are a builder; you are comfortable building process and procedure from the ground up, being scrappy with resources and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and make it happen.
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status
Cresco Labs is a vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operator inciting the progressive evolution of the medical cannabis industry.
Size: 501-1000 employees
Funding Level: Public
Year Founded: 2013