What caught our eye:
- MedMen earnings suggest glimmers of hope.
Green Market Report
- President-elect Joe Biden nominated California attorney general Xavier Becerra, to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. Becerra has a “pro-marijuana track record.” The U.S. House of Representatives also passed a medical marijuana research bill which has little change of passing a Republican led U.S. Senate.
- Former Gov. Jerry Brown, told progressives to have a joint and “just chill.“
- A group representing growers is calling for lower licensing fees for light-deprivation farms.
- Green Flower Media is launching Ganjier, a “cannabis sommelier certification program” for industry professionals.
- Outgoing pot czar Lori Ajax will lead the state’s craft brewers’ association.
- Some in the industry say a proposed LED mandate would devastate indoor quality.
- REC legalization in Mexico might be delayed again.
- Eight brands that are nailing holiday marketing.
MJ Brand Insights
- The Leafly strain of the year is Runtz from Ridgeline Farms in southern Humboldt.