Save $20 on WW Pro with code: WWCalPro20
Sr. Sales Director Midwest
Wana Brands is an infused cannabis products manufacturer. This position helps to promote Wana Brands by helping to support and manage Wana sales operations in seven markets. The role will support Midwest market in developing and executing sales support and marketing strategies, meeting quarterly goals, and providing guidance and training to teams. The role will also manage two Wana Regional Sales Managers in the respective territory.
Previous sales management experience is a must and previous cannabis and/or CPG experience preferred. Potential candidates must reside in Illinois or Michigan.
• Manage 7 different markets in Midwest region through the development and management of Wana Regional Sales Manager in Midwest region
• Ensure development and execution of differentiated market strategy for each market through support of each market’s core team including the following activities:
- Identify product launch needs and support roll-out of all new product launches in all markets
- Evaluate opportunities for growth within each market and make recommendations for key initiatives
- Understand and monitor individual competitor pricing and promotional strategies; make recommendations regarding pricing adjustments as needed
- Develop key account strategy in all partner states and build relationships with buyers and other influencers within key accounts
- Develop and manage promotional and discount strategies with partners
- Develop competitive intelligence system for uncovering and sharing market information with internal and external team members
- Work closely with field marketing and sales teams to identify event and training needs and build out plan to meet those needs
• Build strong relationships with senior sales leadership of partners and manage high level communication with partners’ sales teams
• Minimum 2x a month travel to work with partners’ sales teams in field (40% travel)
• Attend all online meetings with partners
• Build out and manage KPIs for Wana and partner sales teams
• Represent Wana at industry events and conferences in partner markets
• Passion for Wana Brands and knowledge of the industry
• Strong ability to model and train sales teams on consultative selling methods
• Experience and knowledge of selling premium quality grade products and managing broad portfolio of products
• Data driven and experience with different sales and data systems
• Persuasive sales ability, including ability to effectively position Wana products against competitors
• Ability to develop team members and lead by example
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use appropriate tools to monitor KPIs and other sales metrics
• Flexible schedule and ability to work some weekends and evenings
• Travel Expectation 40%
• Proof of Covid-vaccination required
• Candidate must live in Midwest
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Prior cannabis sales experience
2. Prior management experience
3. Prior CPG experience with strong analytical experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without an accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must be able to travel for long distances via airplane and automobile.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly works normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30a-5:00p. Some weekend and night work will be expected.
Travel includes both local and out-of-the-area travel with some overnight travel expected. Travel is up to 50% of work time.
Diversity is an important part of Wana's mission. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability to apply. We believe that unique perspectives, experiences and identities foster and sustain a better workplace.
Wana Brands is an infused products company that offers delicious and consistent cannabis infused products.
Size: 51-100 employees
Year Founded: 2010