Brand Marketing Senior Manager
The Sr. Manager of Brand Marketing is responsible for driving the company’s national consumer engagement efforts in support of revenue and market share growth targets across its portfolio. This role will spearhead brand activation surrounding new product launches, brand launches, new market rollouts, key account development, etc., and manage marketing resources internally and externally from development through deployment. In addition, the Director will set KPIs and define campaign and activation objectives to assess performance, ROI and facilitate continued optimization of marketing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of brand marketing plans working closely with sales, data analytics, creative and content teams, and key accounts, to identify efficient marketing strategies focused on building brand awareness, consumer engagement and revenue growth across the product portfolio.
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of brand marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, event activation, earned media, influencer programs, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to uncover insights and to implement brand marketing strategies for new and legacy products.
- Provide direction to the marketing department, consistently seeking out consumer engagement and revenue growth opportunities within our base business and planning to capitalize on impending catalysts, such as adult-use market transitions.
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual brand marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends to translate data into actionable insights for marketing team.
- Provide direction, feedback and approvals for campaign content created internally and/or by external agency partners before they are published/distributed/aired.
- Contribute content for use on social media or blog articles that promote the company’s products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or other applicable degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Brand/Product or Experiential marketing role. Experience in Fortune 500, highly regulated industries, or high growth/emerging markets a plus.
- Experience in marketing product portfolios and an understanding of CPG strategy, working collectively to manage development and implementation of campaigns, focused on consumer engagement and brand performance.
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines – detail oriented.
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically while absorbing data from several inputs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations.
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program, as well as listening/monitoring software, i.e., Cision.
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Verano Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity, and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets, and our communities.
Verano is a natinal, vertically-integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation.