- TerrAscend has quietly built up operations in Maryland, New Jersey, California and Pennsylvania as well as Canada.
- Wall Street analysts generally applauded the all stock deal which will make the company a major competitor to MSOs Curaleaf and Cresco Labs in Michigan.
In more retail deal news:
- Mega dispensary Planet 13 arrived in Florida with the $55M purchase of a subsidiary of MSO Harvest.
- MSO Green Thumb expanded its retail presence in Massachusetts with the acquisition of two dispensaries for undisclosed terms.
- MSO Ayr Wellness bought three dispensaries in Pennsylvania in a deal worth up to $130M.
Bottom line: The widely predicted industry consolidation is happening.
Eaze CEO Rogelio Choy departs
Rogelio Choy, who led delivery service Eaze for four tumultuous years, has stepped down. He's been replaced by executive Cory Azzalino.The news comes days after Jon Avidor departed the top...
SCOOP: SHO Products strikes back, sues Puffco for patent infringement
SHO Products, maker of the Focus V Carta e-rig, sued Puffco for patent infringement this week, escalating its legal battle with the rival dabbing device maker.(Read the complaint.) (Legal research...
Calif. interstate commerce law opens pathway for licensed operators
This week, Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill into law that allows California to enter into cannabis interstate trade agreements for commerce with other medical or adult use states. Co-sponsored...