- TerrAscend has quietly built up operations in Maryland, New Jersey, California and Pennsylvania as well as Canada.
- Wall Street analysts generally applauded the all stock deal which will make the company a major competitor to MSOs Curaleaf and Cresco Labs in Michigan.
In more retail deal news:
- Mega dispensary Planet 13 arrived in Florida with the $55M purchase of a subsidiary of MSO Harvest.
- MSO Green Thumb expanded its retail presence in Massachusetts with the acquisition of two dispensaries for undisclosed terms.
- MSO Ayr Wellness bought three dispensaries in Pennsylvania in a deal worth up to $130M.
Bottom line: The widely predicted industry consolidation is happening.
Calif. distru. wars: Herbl vs. Nabis and Raw Garden lawsuit gets nasty
California’s two leading distributors Herbl and Nabis and one of its top concentrate makers, Raw Garden, are locked in a nasty legal battle over Raw Garden’s switch from Herbl to Nabis early this year.On January 7, John de Friel, CEO...
Jungle Boys hit with labor lawsuit
Two former-employees have sued companies affiliated with SoCal operator Jungle Boys, alleging wrongful termination, unlawful retaliation, failure to pay all wages due and “false imprisonment” among other claims. The 45-page complaint also alleges that the defendants did not allow pregnant...
Seven brands with innovative business models
When a brand enters the California market, it has a choice: It can be the 500th (or so) flower brand, the 500th vape brand, the 500th concentrates brand or the 500th edibles brand. In a climate so close to perfect...