- The group argued lower taxes will better enable businesses to take security measures.
- Kristi Palmer, co-founder of edibles brand Kiva Confections also spoke according to a press release.
- San Francisco police didn’t act as they watched a dispensary robbery, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
The Oakland push comes amid growing frustration throughout the California industry. In response to the state raising cultivation taxes Michael Steinmetz, CEO of sun-grown brand Flow Cannabis Co. threatened not to pay.
- “California’s entire cannabis supply chain is quickly becoming an ICU of distressed assets… circled and surrounded by publicly traded MSOs,” he and his wife Flavia Cassini wrote on Medium.
- He also called for a three-year holiday from the state excise tax and the end of local control of the industry.
Ascend sues MedMen over N.Y. deal termination
MSO Ascend Wellness Holdings sued MSO MedMen in New York state court days after the defendant backed out of an announced deal to sell Ascend 87% of its New York operation for $73M.In a statement, Ascend said it is "seeking...
WeedWeek Live: Kaelan Castetter on the NY market
In the new episode of our interview show WeedWeek Live, Kaelan Castetter shares his nuanced view of what to expect in New York's multi-billion dollar REC market. Castetter is managing director of consultancy Castetter Cannabis Group. WeedWeek Live, hosted by...
Cannabis vs. covid: Not a slam dunk
A peer-reviewed lab study published in the Journal of Nature Products, found compounds found in cannabis blocked the coronavirus from penetrating healthy human cells.BloombergWhile the internet got excited about weed preventing Covid, that's not what the study shows.ViceResearchers at Oregon...