Last week’s Hall of Flowers conference in Sonoma County, Calif., marked the return of high profile industry events.
Industry types appreciate the intense business focus and consumption-friendly atmosphere, which makes some consider the B2B conference the “super bowl of weed.” After so much time apart, it’s also a good time to gauge how the cannabiz is feeling:
MJBiz reporter John Schroyer described the tone as “optimism mixed with realism.“
- While post-pandemic sales are strong, the industry remains frustrated by the world’s largest market.
- Concerns include competition from the illegal market, the collapse of the wholesale flower market and an “ultra-ultra competitive” market for brands.
- Allie Greenstone, a sales rep for house of brands Bellrock said the pressure to consolidate forces the industry to “lose its soul.”
- These issues didn’t stop Respect My Region‘s correspondent from having a blast.
Hall of Flowers will have an “experience” alongside MJBizCon in Vegas next month and a standalone December conference in Palm Springs, Calif.
- The event is put on by media entrepreneur and internet personality Gary Vaynerchuk.