Lawmakers in several states have expressed interest in THC potency caps, a development the industry finds worrisome.
- The Florida House passed a bill which would limit THC content at 10% in products for MED patients under 21.
Tampa Bay Times
- A proposal in Washington state would limit concentrates to 10% THC.
- There’s talk of a potency cap bill in Colorado this year, though insiders say it’s unlikely to be filed.
- A proposal in Arizona, subsequently withdrawn, would have limited MED potency to 2% THC.
Phoenix New Times
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin acknowledged the cash only nature of the cannabis business is causing problems for the IRS. He seems to think the onus is on Congress to remedy the situation.