Publicly traded Kentucky tobacco brand Turning Point this week announced a $15M investment in the Santa Monica company Dosist. Turning point holds an option to invest $15M more within the year.
- The deal features an exclusive co-development and distribution agreement for a new CBD brand. Dosist’s “THC-free business unit” will be Turning Point’s partner.
- In a press release, Turning Point said the deal gives the company the option of filling a seat on Dosist’s board of directors upon legalization.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is backing a weed beverage machine and calling cannabis a “hero ingredient.”
- Ideally your ballot is already in, but here’s your comprehensive voting guide to California cannabis issues, regardless.
- Last month, seven Laotian immigrants were found dead on an illicit grow in Riverside County. Law enforcement believes a message was intended.
Los Angeles Times
- One would think we’d have better things to do than focus on how MedMen is sucking.