Save $20 on WW Pro with code: WWCalPro20
September 13 2021,
THE BIG IDEA
Having gotten to know quite a few of you, I can confidently say WeedWeek readers make the best colleagues.
To help you hire them, we’re proud to introduce the WeedWeek Jobs Board. It offers FREE resources, including a resume evaluation, for active and passive job seekers. It also has an attractive value proposition for employers.
In the news:
- Plus Products files for creditor protection
- When will pot stocks recover?
- Cannabiz marketing continues to normalize
Californians, don’t forget to vote in today’s recall,
Reach the most influential audience in cannabis by advertising in the self-serve WeedWeek store.
Want to learn more about email blasts, sponsored content and other promotional opportunities? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WeedWeek regularly links to paywalled content.
When will pot stocks recover?
Cannabiz marketing continues to normalize
- President Biden’s new vaccine mandate is expected to apply to the cannabiz.
- A group of U.S. mayors called for federal legalization.
- New zoning rules would open downtown Chicago to pot shops.
- Mega-dispensary Planet 13 has plans to go national.
New Cannabis Ventures
- PotCos are “ripe targets” for ransomware attacks.
- A former associate of Rudy Giuliani plead guilty to a campaign finance scheme involving cannabis investments.
- Massachusetts is investigating a dispute over licenses held by Gotham Green Partners.
Boston Business Journal
- There have been calls for a license investigation in New Mexico.
- A lawyer with cannabiz ties was named to New York’s Cannabis Control Board.
- Amanda Chicago Lewis reports access to rare cannabinoids for MED research is getting easier.
- The new book Runner’s High by Josiah Hesse argues cannabis use can improve athletic performance.
- New to me: Sula sells a product it calls “breathable cannabis.”
- More than 20,000 people have signed a petition asking Instagram to update its pot policy.
- California brand Cookies is participating in a proposed tv drama about the cannabiz.
- Slang Worldwide entered the Massachusetts market through a partnership with MSO Trulieve.
- Top-selling California edibles brand Kiva entered the Massachusetts market through a partnership with Revolutionary Clinics.
- Leafly released new advertising tools for brands.
- Breathalyzer company Hound Labs raised a $20M Series A.
- MSO Jushi finalized a $91.2M deal to buy vertically integrated Massachusetts company Nature’s Remedy.
- Akerna said it would acquire software company 365 Cannabis for $17M.
- Equity player 4th MVMT is ready to open its first shop in LA.
- California brand Wonderbrett is coming to Michigan through a partnership with Cloud Cannabis.
- Psychedelics company CaaMTech raised a $22M Series A.
- Psychedelics company Journey Colab raised a $12M Series A.
- Psychedelics-oriented non-profit Maps Canada named lawyer Scott Bernstein as its new executive director.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro named Cory Miller, an executive in hydroponics unit Hawthorne Gardening, as its new CFO, highlighting the importance of cannabis to the business.
- Bengal Capital associate Eduardo Cabral has an additional role as part of the venture partner program at crowdfunding platform Republic.
Fun fun fun
WeedWeek High Society -- 9/14/21
Do your part to make High Society possible: Get vaccinated.
Green Thumb Industries brass break ground on a new production facility. It’s on the grounds of a former prison in Warwick, N.Y.
Send pictures for High Society to hello@weed
Pics should be between 600 and 1000 pixels long and wide. Each should include the name and affiliation (if relevant) of everyone pictured as well as the event’s name, date and location. Ideally submit several pics so we can pick our favorites.