These weeks of spikes and plunges have exhausted all roller coaster analogies. Collective reaction seems to have coalesced around the notion that legal weed is a recession-proof industry at least from a demand perspective.
MJ Biz Daily
- Early opinion is that course of the nascent economy is indeed shaping up to be as dependable as alcohol.
- “Consumers budget for cannabis. And they will budget and spend consistently, even when they pare back payments on other things, like that latte or going to the movies,” says Oregon economist Beau Whitney.
- To get by early in the Coronavirus time — as well as help California humanity — some companies such as CannaCraft have privoted to making hand sanitizer weed.
- The supply chain is in tact for now, but companies are getting nervous. Columnist Dan Mitchell has the story in a WeedWeek exclusive.
- All across Earth, the emerging regulated industry is roiled by Covid-19. This leaves Mexico, which has been slow to encourage self-quarantine, positioned to become the biggest nation on the planet with a legal hemp program once the species is back outdoors.
Hemp Industry Daily/Cannabis Industry Journal
- State of Cannabis will present a free, daylong Emergency Virtual Conference on Friday, with speakers including, CA Assemblymember Rob Bonta ; United Cannabis Business Association founder Jerred Kiloh; Kara Bradford, Viridian Staffing CEO. Among the topics on the agenda are "Rethinking Work" and "Capitalizing on New Opportunities."
State of Cannabis