San Luis Obispo County Supervisor Adam Hill died Thursday in a suspected suicide. In March, Hill attempted to take his life the same day FBI agents raided his office. The SLO investigation was far from stand-alone.
Hill was praised as a caring and effective local politician. Full disclosure: Adam Hill was an opinion page columnist at the college newspaper I edited. We were not close.
- In March, Cal Coast reported: "For more than five years, multiple credible sources have reported corruption surrounding Hill, several developers and a group of marijuana businessmen. This includes allegations of pay-to-play, harassment and threats."
- There are now more people working in the state's legal cannabis industry than there are computer progammers in the Golden State —50 percent more than last year.
San Jose Metro
- For a long and winding look at how cannabis investors sought to capitalize on our public heath disaster, click here. Juanita and Dawn Ramos have a story to tell, along with the receipts and the spreadsheets for 6 million N95 masks.
- For some, hashmaking is meditative and transformational, more than just a way to make a living. This week, culture columnist Ngaio Bealum introduces you to The Dank Dutchess.
- Submit your paperwork to get that Mexican MED license while you can. The money that's to be made down south shall not be funny.
Canna Law Blog