Several major SMS text marketing services including Twilio, AT&T, Avochato and T-Mobile have dropped cannabis customers, according to Rachel Kurtz-McAlaine, the National Cannabis Industry Association's (NCIA) deputy director of public policy.
- Numerous industry businesses use these services to reach customers and facilitate deliveries and pick-ups.
- Some companies have found workarounds or alternate services which do not monitor their users as closely.
- Some form of the issue could persist until federal legalization.
- NCIA is working to understand the extent of the problem. Businesses can contact Kurtz-McAlaine ( email@example.com ) if they have information to share.
- Colorado banned the sale of delta-8 THC, a popular, intoxicating cannabinoid found in hemp, and other similar compounds.
Hemp Industry Daily