Here’s what’s happening in the states:
- Massachusetts regulators say REC businesses can operate safely. They’ll have to convince Gov. Charlie Baker (R).
- Advocacy group New Approach Montana said it would start an in-person signature drive to get a REC initiative on the November ballot.
- Smart and Safe Arizona says it already has enough signatures to get REC on the state ballot, but plans to collect more anyway.
Cannabis Business Times
- Missouri lawmakers rejected an amendment which would have required them to consume a “substantial” amount of marijuana before voting on legislation.
- The Florida Supreme Court heard a case challenging mandatory vertical integration in the state’s MED industry.
- The Florida high court is also deciding a case which could put REC on the 2022 ballot.