- After the Trulieve/Harvest deal announcement, Business Insider lists 12 operators that are most likely to be acquired.
- A mutual fund sold about $100M in pot stocks for compliance reasons.
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom(D) proposed $100M in aid to assist with the state’s “provisional” license logjam, which threatens thousands of companies with at least temporary closure.
- MSO Columbia Care is rebranding as “Cannabist,” an Apple-inspired retail experience.
- The folks at Bengal Capital think MSOs could learn a lot from CostCo.
- To facilitate MED research, the DEA notified several interested growers that it is almost ready to award them federal licenses.
- Canna Law Blog explains weed’s especially weird legal situation in Washington D.C.
- Several cannabis companies are investing substantial resources in New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) notifications, essentially to tell the Food and Drug Administration what they’re making with an eye on future approval.
Hemp Industry Daily
- Some people can’t get high from edibles. Scientists want to know why.
- The team at Horn Creek Hemp had the best reaction to winning a High Times Hemp Cup award.