- Green Thumb Industries is demanding a retraction of a Chicago Tribune story which cited unnamed sources saying the company is the subject of a federal investigation. The Tribune stands by its reporting.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Facebook (and, by extension, cannabis companies) by narrowly defining what constitutes an autodialer. This gives companies more leeway to text consumers.
- New Mexico legalized REC and it looks like Rhode Island could be next.
N.Y.Times, Providence Journal
- A bipartisan group of state attorney generals urged Congress to pass a banking bill.
- Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) proposed accelerating the REC market to open on July 1, 2021 as opposed to in 2024.
- Hoban Law asks whether the legal principle of fructus industriales, which determines who owns a crop when a farmer is evicted from their land, applies to the cannabiz.
- Canna Law Blog says the future of smokable CBD products “is not great.”
- A new report from Headset has data on the growing infused beverages market.
- Here are the 25 most innovative products of 2021, according to CannaTech Today.
- An intrepid Insider reporter tried a Delta-8 THC latte — now available over the counter in Chicago — and it got her high. (Paywall)
- CBD clothing is a real thing, and it claims to help combat stress, anxiety and pain.
Travel and Leisure