- In unclear if legalization supporters have enough votes to pass “comprehensive” reform in the U.S. Senate, so they’re exploring another option.
- A federal probe into Congressman and legalization supporter Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) includes scrutiny of his ties to the MED industry. Gaetz has not been charged.
- Crain’s Chicago Business looks at the costs of Illinois’ botched cannabis rollout. (Paywall)
- Thus far, cannabis workers’ efforts to unionize have largely bypassed growers. That may be changing.
- Canadian player The Valens Company company said it would acquire Green Roads, the largest privately held CBD company in the U.S., in a deal worth up to $60M.
Green Market Report
- Business Insider is hosting a webinar tomorrow on how to invest in cannabis.
- Canadian operator Tilray appeared on Time‘s list of the 100 most influential companies.
- Canada’s Canopy Growth agreed to a substantial partnership with one of the largest alcohol wholesalers in the U.S.
The Drinks Business
- The Freakonomics podcast called cannabis “a boon for older workers.”
- The CEO of $2B marketing-tech start-up Iterable was fired for taking LSD at work. He said he was trying to microdose.
- Would a governor Matthew McConaughey legalize Texas? The Cannigma examines the evidence.