- Americans of both parties support legal REC. Why doesn’t the federal government agree?
- A federal judge rejected dispensary chain Harborside‘s bid to overturn industry-hated tax rule 280E. And an analyst discussed what would happen to pot stocks if 280E disappeared.
- Florida’s Supreme Court struck down a proposed constitutional amendment to legalize REC.
- MSO Parallel invested $25M in a Texas facility. Legalization supporters in Texas, as I’ve previously described, have an uphill battle.
- Forbes called this year The Last Illegal 420.
- New York City’s hospitality industry is paying attention to legalization.
- A new study suggests an association between cannabis use during pregnancy and poorer birth outcomes.
- A Wall Street analyst described a potential “compromise scenario” for federal reform in which there would be banking access but not full legalization. Some MSOs might prefer it that way.
- Weed is a big opportunity for the video data security industry.
- The $205,000 Oscar night swag bag includes 24-karat gold vape cartridges from Hollowtips and some CBD products.
- Weed-infused mayonnaise? Maybe someday.