- Axios anticipates a legal New York will impact the cannabis market far beyond the state’s borders.
- Premium brand Connected raised $30M. Read WeedWeek‘s story about how Connected sells flower for twice as much as its competitors.
- MJBiz published part 3 of its series on how the IRS pursues cannabis businesses. Greenspoon Marder attorney Nick Richards called industry-hated tax rule 280E “a political weapon” targeting PotCos.
- Canna Law Blog discusses cannabis law firms: The good, the bad and the ugly.
- A California bill to legalize possession of psychedelics passed a second state senate committee.
- Former U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders co-signed a CNN editorial calling for the American Medical Association to drop its support for the war on drugs.
- Here are five compliance infractions to avoid.
Cannabis Business Executive
- Some folks are trying to make 4/21 a cannabis/climate holiday.
- Rave New World serves up the best places to bake, blaze and boogie on 4/20.
- At Leafly, Jimi Devine delves into OG Kush family genealogy. The site also investigated whether white ash really means good weed.