- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) met with cannabis stakeholders to discuss his forthcoming proposal for federal legalization.
- In Schumer’s home state of New York, progressives threatened to derail Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s (D) legalization push. And a fight is underway about how to spend the future tax money.
Marijuana Moment, Bloomberg
- Both houses of the Virginia legislature voted to legalize REC, paving the way for the market to open…in 2024.
- MSO Green Thumb Industries filed to uplist its stock to a major U.S. exchange.
- One time high-flying social network MassRoots says it’s on the rebound, despite a staggering net loss of $142M for the nine months ending in September. The company’s total liabilities approach $84M.
Green Market Report
- The secondary market for buying and selling licenses has never been hotter.
- A Leafwire study asked what has to happen for industry professionals to feel comfortable at in-person events. (Leafwire is a WeedWeek advertiser.)
- A study looked at differences in product choices between older and younger consumers.
Journal of Psychoactive Drugs
- California cannabis workers are eligible for early Covid vaccines.