- In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) is still at odds with progressives over a framework for legal REC.
- Could Ohio go REC this year? (Paywall)
- South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) said she would delay legal MED for a year. A state judge struck down a voter-passed constitutional amendment to legalize REC in the state.
Star Tribune, CBS
- MSO Jushi raised $58M with an eye on Virginia.
- Forbes profiles billionaire Beau Wrigley, chairman and CEO of MSO Parallel, who says it will be bigger than his family’s gum company.
- Tobacco giant Altria is looking more like a cannabis company.
- An L.A. Times columnist asks if cannabis workers should be vaccinated before teachers.
- MSO MedMen said its quarterly filing wouldn’t be ready on time and that its financials deteriorated in the last quarter of 2020.
New Cannabis Ventures
- Peter Thiel-backed psychedelics company Compass Pathways is trying to patent aspects of the therapy “as basic as using soft furniture and holding hands.”
- Via Innovations released a report on the vaginal delivery of cannabinoids.
- FiveThirtyEight asked if REC will be federally legal by 2024.
- A cannabis-loving married couple has turned their YouTube channel into a serious side hustle.