- Bloomberg suggests the $7.2B GW/Jazz Pharma deal signals the start of a cannabis M&A boom.
- Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers(D) wants to legalize REC.
- New Jersey legalized REC in November, but the deadline for Gov. Phil Murphy (D) to sign the bill has been pushed back again.
- In California, folks are getting arrested for what they think are legit cannabiz jobs. Weed beat veteran Amanda Chicago Lewis investigates.
- Eaze‘s equity accelerator, Momentum, introduced its new cohort of start-ups.
- Uber is buying liquor delivery service Drizly for $1.1B, but passed on Lantern, the cannabis delivery service Drizly spun off. The ride share giant’s CEO indicated that it’s not currently interested in weed, but said its position could change.
- Is cannabis the next great middle class job creator?
- WeedWeek contributor Jackie Bryant tells the heartbreaking story of Luke Scarmazzo, who is serving a 22-year federal cannabis sentence and didn’t get a pardon from outgoing president Trump.
- A study found weed might lower blood pressure in older adults.
- Weedmaps recounts the story of legendary breeder Subcool.