Here’s what we saw this week:
- A new state requirement to label cannabis products with a warning about birth defects and cancer could lead to consumer lawsuits.
- A federal judge ruled a law suit against L.A.’s equity licensing process can move forward.
- Oregon regulators banned cannabis vape additives believed to be responsible for last years VAPI crisis.
- A new DEA rule is set to expand the number of federally approved MED growers. For years, the University of Mississippi has been the only federally legal cultivator.
- New Jersey lawmakers passed a bill to regulate one of the country’s newest REC markets. It now goes to legalization supporter Gov. Phil Murphy (D) for his signature.
- MedMen voted interim CEO Tom Lynch board chairman.
- Value brand Old Pal released a cannabis IPA.
- Cannabis.net says Jay-Z’s brand Monogram is charging ridiculous prices.