- Hilary Corrigan writes, “The industry has seen quite a few similar class actions recently. There’s a case in federal court in California against cannabis agricultural services provider Hydroponics Inc.—Route Four LLC. And reports this week lay out claims against Michigan cannabis companies over similar allegations. Other cannabis companies have faced similar cases this year and last year and in previous recent years. Attorneys continue warning cannabis companies about the issue.”
- Curaleaf didn’t respond to a request for comment.
More from Hilary this week:
- Maine is opening its REC market, four years after voters legalized. (Related: Seven Days reports Vermont lawmakers could soon greenlight a licensed industry.)
- Authorities cleared REC ballot initiatives in Montana and Arizona.
- COVID threatens non-violent incarcerated cannabis offenders.
Green Entrepreneur looks at where else weed is on the ballot.