Senior Engineering Manager Copy URL
Sr. Engineering Manager (Remote)
Yea, I do a hundred mil annual
Dope game, I damn near wrote the manual
Cookies is an iconic cannabis company dedicated to quality and innovation. With humble roots in garage grows in San Francisco, Cookies develops the world’s most famous library of strains and distributes a full portfolio of products thru an international network of partners and branded stores.
We’re looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager who can roll up their sleeves and lead a team of FTE and contract software engineers to build the next generation of our Web platform and Mobile efforts. You’ll be responsible for our software engineering efforts and work alongside a PMO team, Data team, and IT team. You’ll lead the tech stack for our web presence, including eCommerce, brand site and web tools that enable not only direct-to-consumer channels but also retail sales and delivery of our products. 80% of our traffic comes from mobile devices, so building a solid mobile web experience and laying the groundwork for our future mobile app will be part of the roadmap.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Owning and leading the technical expansion of our global website and eCommerce, tackling tech debt, automation, code refactoring, etc.
- Building/Expanding our web platform infrastructure and tech stack.
- Care intimately about shipping quality, stable and performant code.
- Participate and lead design and architecture discussions and decisions critical to curating growth of digital assets and IP as Cookies rapidly expands into new markets.
- Work cross-functionally with operational Cookies teams to evaluate requirements, ideate on solutions, and deploy those solutions to production with an emphasis on adoption.
- Write unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, and other QA code.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Operations, Design, and other partners.
- Lay the platform foundation for our future Mobile-Web and Mobile-Native application alongside the product management team
- Report directly to the VP of Engineering and work closely with them on technical, team structure, process, and recruiting strategies.
- 5+ years managing a team of engineers
- 5+ years as an engineer writing production code for web/eCommerce applications, including agile practices, pair programming, test-driven deployments, and dev ops.
- Experience with React, TypeScript, NextJS, Java, GCP, Vercel, and modern frameworks.
- Experience with eCommerce platforms, plus if you’ve worked with Shopify Hydrogen’s framework
- Proven leadership and team-oriented skills powered by a proactive and optimistic work style. Able to motivate employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale
- Ability to operate under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for frontier hyper-growth industries, particularly legal cannabis
- Excellent technical aptitude, great written, verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Healthy curiosity for learning and sharing new things
- Insatiable need to reach for the best and highest dreams possible
Cookies is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Looking for team members who are flexible, nimble and know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, driven, entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community, and quality.
As a minority-founded company we believe that diversity is our strength. We encourage all to apply and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. While our team and company-operated retail locations are primarily located in California, We strongly prefer candidates in the San Francisco, greater Bay Area, or Los Angeles areas.
Come join our team!
Cookies Retail is a Curated for the connoisseur at Newport Beach.