On Friday, the FDA will host its long-awaited public hearing on CBD.
Last year, GW Pharmaceuticals got its CBD drug Epidiolex approved as a pharmaceutical treatment for severe pediatric seizure disorders.
- However, the agency has struggled with how to regulate less specialized CBD products like infused food and drinks.
- It has warned several CBD companies not to make unproven health claims about their products, but denies it has a policy of “enforcement discretion.“
Natural Products Insider
- Stat News has a good explainer.
- Former FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb, who arranged for the meeting, said evidence of CBD’s medicinal value is lacking.
- A new study found CBD may reduce cravings and anxiety in heroin users.
- Canadian company Aurora said it has inked a multi-million dollar deal with UFC to study CBD on athlete recovery and wellness.
- A field test popular with police can’t tell the difference between THC and CBD.
- The California state senate passed a bill to allow veterinarians to prescribe CBD.