We work in cross-functional squads, with product owners, designers, and engineers working side-by-side toward shared goals while at the same time, we are on the product engineering team together. We believe lean and agile principles are the best way to deliver value to our customers while making engineering satisfaction and happiness awesome. . We aim for each squad to have the right mix of full stack, web, and api developers, so that together they are equipped to solve whatever problems come their way. We love our customers and are excited to be part of this groundbreaking cannabis industry!
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You prioritize customers. You’re results oriented, pragmatic, and good at negotiating tradeoffs between technical objectives and product objectives.
- Iterative and data-driven. You know how to break down the work in order to frequently deliver incremental value. You’re experienced with testing into better solutions than we originally envisioned.
- Technical excellence and a growth mindset. You’re passionate about honing your craft and writing high quality code that inspires your teammates.
- Depth and breadth. Where you’re an expert, you’ll hit the ground running and lead by example. Where you’re not, you’re ready to learn quickly.
- Self-starter and collaborative. You’re comfortable working independently as well as pairing or swarming with your teammates. You ask for help when you need it, and you help others when they need it.
- You will make us better. You bring expertise, skills, or perspective we could use more of. You’ll help us make better decisions and build better products.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING
- Write and ship code daily – maintain new and existing features, potentially across the entire Leafly product suite
- Work with product, data/analytics, and UX to understand problems – then design, plan, and deliver solutions
- Lead by example in delivering high-quality solutions that scale and adhere to code, architecture, and quality best practices
- Continually improve our processes by volunteering new approaches to: developer productivity, product quality, and squad efficiency
- Mentor other developers and foster a collaborative environment of shared growth and learning
- Relentlessly advocate for developer experience and for our end users
- 5+ years experience shipping and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Experience with the latest web technologies, tools, and practices; experience with more than one server-side technology
- Expertise in HTTP, web application architecture, scalability, performance optimization, reliability, deployment, monitoring, security
- Demonstrated ability to embrace, learn, and apply new technologies and tools
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with agile squads and processes
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full coverage on health & dental plans
- 401k matching up to 3.5%
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote with WFH allowance
- Cell Phone allowance
What’s more, Leafly is the world’s largest trusted resource for cannabis education, information, news, and trends. From our extensive strain database and Cannabis 101 to our flagship Jobs Report and Social Impact hub, Leafly plays a vital role in destigmatizing cannabis and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We also partner with other mission-driven organizations to build a more just and equitable industry for all
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.