A group of law firms has had its class-action suit against CannTrust approved by Ontario Superior Court Justice J. Hainey. Among the law firms is celebrity litigator Marie Henein’s company Henein Hutchinson.
Canada.com, National Post
- The suit is related to Canntrust‘s equity offering in May of last year (underwritten by major investment banks, among them RBC Dominion Securities, Canaccord Genuity, and Jefferies Securities. ).
- The suit is related to Canntrust‘s equity offering in May of last year (underwritten by major investment banks).
- The four investors who lodged the suit argue former Canntrust CEO Peter Aceto and other executives misrepresented the company by claiming it had all licensing necessary to grow product, at a time when CannTrust was growing product in unlicensed rooms).
- Norfolk, Ontario will buy a drone in order to fly over properties and determine whether illicit cannabis is being grown on site.
- If you get pulled over in Ontario with cannabis secured in a fastened, closed bag “not otherwise readily available to any person in the vehicle or boat,” the police can’t ticket you. But that hasn’t stopped them, in some places.