An audit found California’s Bureau of Cannabis Control is struggling to regulate the industry, with difficulties hiring staff and setting a strategy.
- “The current status and location of personnel is not sustainable to provide effective and comprehensive oversight of cannabis activities throughout California,” according to auditors.
- The agency disputes some of the findings.
????WeedWeek California has lots more on the tumultuous Golden State market including:
- What to make of sizeable political contributions from the industry in Santa Barbara County, California’s center of legal growing. (And County officials are overwhelmed by the industry.)
- A rabbi opposes Lowell Herb Co’s anticipated cannabis restaurant in West Ho.
- And the state’s first 420-friendly music festival
- Business owners and residents, including some Scientologists, oppose cannabis businesses in the SoCal town of Commerce City, and the situation is tense.
- A former SoCal grower is on trial for kidnapping a MED business owner, cutting off his penis and leaving him for dead in the Mojave Desert.