Lots going on in California this week:
- The Bureau of Cannabis Control released information on state pandemic relief for the industry.
- Dispensary Harborside continues to fight industry-hated tax rule 280-E in federal court.
- The state bar ruled lawyers can serve cannabis clients.
- This week, growing hub Santa Barbara County will consider amendments to make all licenses conditional, giving authorities more power to constrict projects.
Santa Barbara Independent
- Four suspects in the October 2019 murder of tech and cannabis entrepreneur Tushar Arte have been arrested. Two were his former employees, in a crime authorities say was motivated by money.
San Jose Business Journal
- With budgets tight, more California cities look ready to go green.
- MJBiz also looks at corruption in the state’s industry.
- Rapper Berner, who had an L.A. Cookies store damaged in this week’s protests, said he’s more concerned about the underlying injustice fueling the protests.
And don’t forget to download WeedWeek’s Guide to the California Cannabis Industry.