This week in California business news:
- Yelp-like app Weedmaps laid off 100, about 25% of its staff, as it prepares to stop accepting ads from unlicensed dispensaries by the end of the year.
- But cannabis jobs are surging elsewhere.
- The CEO and COO of DionyMed resigned as the company faces possible default. DionyMed, a Canadian firm competing for a piece of California’s delivery market, is embroiled in a legal battle with rival Eaze.
Green Market Report
- In a first of its kind partnership with a mainstream hotel, Eaze said it will start delivering to the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica.
- It’s a joyful harvest season in Humboldt, the first in a while.
- Following Elon Musk’s pot smoking incident, NASA allocated $5M in taxpayer dollars to a safety review at SpaceX.