In the Orange County Register, reporter Brooke Staggs looks at six key California trends for 2020.
- Two lawsuits will look at delivery in areas which don’t allow cannabis businesses.
- A law which takes effect will allow state businesses to deduct business expenses, a refutation of industry-hated federal tax law 280E.
- Hundreds of thousands of Californians could have past cannabis offenses downgraded or dropped from their records.
- Dispensary finder app Weedmaps has said it would stop listing ads for unlicensed dispensaries by the end of 2019. As of December 27, there were still plenty of unlicensed dispensaries listed. ???? Weedmaps CEO Chris Beals recently discussed the issue on the WeedWeek Podcast.
Separately, by mid-January, Decriminalize California, the initiative to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms in California, expects to start collecting signatures to get the initiative on the 2020 ballot. It’ll need to collect more than 623,000 signatures. ????WW California has more.
- New Atlas makes predictions for the next decade in psychedelic science.