Business news took a bit of a back seat this week, but there were a few notable developments:
- Canadian player Aphria plans to acquire microbrewery SweetWater for $300M.
- Colorado operator Schwazze said it has the funds needed to move forward with its acquisition of several Star Buds dispensaries in a deal valued at $118M. It has previously seen several smaller acquisitions collapse.
- ScottsMiracle-Gro hydroponics division Hawthorne (“Business under the influence”) reported quarterly sales of $351.9M.
- New Cannabis Ventures offers three reasons the pot stock rally could continue.
- While the accounting profession is in a bit of a rough patch, cannabis looks like a bright spot for the bean counters. WW California has more.
- Canopy Growth is moving from the New York Stock Exchange to the Nasdaq.
- Cannabis Industry Journal discusses nine key developments in the California market. The first is increased access to financial services.