The day after the House of Representatives passed a cannabis banking bill with bipartisan support, (not for the first time), White House press secretary Jen Psaki re-confirmed President Biden’s aversion to legalization.
Reuters, Marijuana Moment
- As legalization advocates play a waiting game on Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s forthcoming legalization bill, Psaki wouldn’t commit Biden to signing a legalization bill passed by both houses of Congress.
- Biden still supports re-scheduling cannabis, a proposal with almost no support in cannabis circles, while allowing states to make their own laws.
- Psaki didn’t know whether Biden supported banking reform.
- She also hedged on Biden’s promise to free “everyone” imprisoned for weed.
- Meanwhile, Biden’s proposals could indirectly raise taxes for potcos.
- Idaho became the final state to legalize hemp.
Hemp Industry Daily