REC beverages are rolling out at a glacial pace, likely in part to the difficulty of discerning consumer preference for a product that hasn’t existed very long. This week, a variety of new REC drinks arrived at the Ontario Cannabis Store and online chatter picked up as all 2,700 cans sold out in under 24 hours).
Cannabis Retailer, Twitter–@WhatsMyPot
- Province Brands, which received its Health Canada research and development licence last year, raised $2.2M from a private investor in San Francisco.
- Molson Coors and HEXO expanded their joint venture Truss Beverages into the US with a plan to produce hemp-based CBD drinks.
In Other 2.0 Product News:
- Beyond hash, no other extracts are available on the market, despite their having been legal for six months.
- After consulting with university students, Montreal cannabis-education portal VoxCann found they had specific concerns about cannabis—such as using REC consciously and not as a means of avoiding responsibilities. VoxCann’s report is here.
Twitter–@VoxCann, Google Drive
- Young people in northern BC are consuming less cannabis than they were 15 years ago.