- To date 105 applications have been rejected, largely for proximity to schools and daycares.
- This week, Calgary has one REC store per 6,392 residents. Toronto has one REC store per 586,000.
With Ontario’s new store licenses stalled while the courts look over lottery disqualification, that number isn’t about to change soon.
In a combined front last Saturday, a number of unlicensed Toronto dispensaries chose to open their doors again to protest the lack of REC retail development in a province that needs stores very badly.
- Chris James, owner of dispensary Cannabis and Coffee, gave out $200,000 in $100 vouchers for cannabis delivery service Weedora, which he also owns. He told the CBC he’s afraid if the Ford government continues its REC rollout in the same manner, he’ll miss his chance to participate in the new REC marketplace.
- Longtime scofflaw dispensary CAFE reopened, removing concrete blocks from its St. Clair Ave. storefront.
- CAFE lawyer Selwyn “Mr. Toronto Lawyer” Pieters noted Thursday that police raided the St. Clair storefront and two other former CAFE locations.
Twitter—Mr. Toronto Lawyer